Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Outcome!!!

So, what happened? Well, I came in to work on Monday morning, and the office was filled with people just wanting to know. We've waited 30 days, now just tell us, but nooooo... we had to be kept waiting. Then finally it was our turn, development, and guess who was first? Yep.... good ol' me! So downstairs I went, slowly, and at this point my heart was starting to pound harder and faster.

In the end, I wasn't to be affected by the redundancy's. People ask if I am happy because I kept my job. The answer being no, I am relieved. But alot of people left who I will be sorry to leave and to be honest, some of managements decisions I just don't understand, but that's why they are management and I'm not, because they have to make these decisions. So, in the end, the office was emptied at 2pm as everyone filtered out to lunch... and nobody came back! The "night" you could say began at that point.... and ended swiftly with me absolutely exhausted and hitting the sack at midnight, relieved and looking forward to the coming week at work. A lot of questions have to answered as to what the future is going to bring and management still have a job to do to keep the staff that they have. I have a job offer from the interview I went to on Friday. I couldn't ask to be in a better situation than this, but for me however, to leave I think would be a mistake. I want to expand my knowledge and my skills in a certain area, and I will have a better chance of doing that here than I will at this other place. Money for me is not an issue so that would not sway me one way or another (unless one was paying a lot more!). So... I guess this is what it comes down to, I am happy where I am (all of my closest friends are still here), and hopefully I will get the experience I need and want. We will have to see....

On the lighter side of things, from the interview I went to on Friday they completed a "personality profile" on me which I found to be scaringly spot on. I will hopefully get the time to type it out and I'll put it on here. I can't believe how accurate they can be just by asking you a you to pick out certain words in a list.

To all them that did lose their jobs, I just want to say that I hope we can keep in touch and wish you the best of luck for the future. I know you are all skilled individuals and you will find something much better. Good luck.

6 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Hi Mustafa,
I just thought I’d let you know I really enjoy reading posts on your blog and have bookmarked your blog! I’m Neil, check out my blog when you have the time.

Since you’re really into blogging, I though I’d ask you to try this personal blogging software called Qumana. It’s free and has amazing features like DropPad (drag-and-drop pieces of text, pictures etc.) and easy insertion of Technorati tags, which increase your visibility on the web. Trust me, the number of people visiting my blog has skyrocketed, thanks to Qumana. Qumana has now also released AdGenta, an advertising network. You can make some very good money through AdGenta. Sounds good? Download the new Qumana free from www.qumana.com.

Mustafa you and I share the same views when it comes to management, at times I just don’t understand what the hell is going on in their minds. They sacked a good 20 people from my office too, one of them being my good friend. I guess life goes on. Please email me at neil@qumana.com and let me know what you think about Qumana.

Thanks!

11:24 am  
Blogger Mustafa said...

Thanks alot for your comments and the information on the free software. I'll check it out asap.

I've left a message on your site as well. Thanks for visiting mate. What do you use to monitor traffic to your site?

11:53 am  
Blogger Neil said...

Hi Mustafa,
I will definately link you to my blog, you can do the same too. I use sitemeter to monitor traffic.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

1:39 pm  
Blogger Neil said...

Hi Mustafa,
I will definately link you to my blog, you can do the same too. I use sitemeter to monitor traffic.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

1:39 pm  
Blogger Eric Mutta said...

Teh Blog Father has now reviewed your blog. Thanks for your submission and let me know if you like your review!

1:56 pm  
Blogger Bianca said...

Hi Mus,

I am truly happy for you that you can stay where you are...It will be good to get the experience and knowledge...and who knows what the future might bring...Wish you all the best.

Take care!

Bianca

12:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home