Monday, July 04, 2005

Sorted!

I usually hate Mondays, I mean who doesn't? But when you're in between work , everyday is pretty much the same. The last few weeks have been like that for me, and as my last two posts suggested, there wasn't much going on and everything was at a standstill. Last Tuesday I got confirmation of my BSc Computer Science Degree with Honours, in which I got a 2:1 which I was well happy about. I thought I was going to have re-takes, let alone pass all my modules, and then to get high enough avergage to get a 2:1... to say I was happy is an understatement.

Anyway, this morning I decided this week was going to be the week I find somewhere to live down in Fleet. Now, those of you who knew where I was living when I was with on my placement in Fleet will know I didn't really want to go back there. My ex-landlady was Caroline, a 2-time divorcee with 4 children (non of which live with her). She's a beautiful person at heart (and she doesn't look her age!), honestly, but living there was a drama. Things like arguments with her kids (mostly her eldest daughters fault), silly drunken moments followed by serious emotional outbursts, and bringing back random squaddies to spend the night.... but it was all part of what made living there so much fun. And it never affected me enough to really bother me. I was hoping to rent a place of my own, but after thinking about it carefully, if I rented a place of my own I'd be paying about £250 more a month on rent than if I house shared. And I didn't want to house share with people I didn't know for obvious reasons (they turn out to be weirdo's, drug addicts, or even worst, 9 to 5 boring bastards with no life outside of work), so taking that in to consideration I thought, I'm going to give Caroline a call. Luckily she had the bigger of the 3 bedrooms she lets available which has an en-suite. I could talk about the area all day long, its the best area I've lived in by far. I think it was the richest community in England in 2003-04 with an average household earning of £110K or something. Very nice area. I mean, you can leave you're car unlocked with the windows down overnight, and it will still be there the next day! I'd like to see that happen in Beaumont Leys! .Check out what its like to live in Elvetham Heath, Fleet. I did have photo's but I've lost them. But no doubt I'll get some up as soon as I move down there again which is on the 25th of July.

So, degree, check, job, check, accomodation, check, car, check. All moving along very nicely indeed. My cousins wedding is coming up in a few weeks, so family have started arriving from Canada. My mum invited them around for dinner yesterday, and as it is also my sister's 24th today, it was a multi celebration. I'm hoping the next few weeks fly past. I'm sure they will, with airport runs and errands to help out with the wedding. Being one of the best men who is not engaged/married, the only thing I am not looking forward to is the constant comments on "when are you getting married?".... ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So, for now that is it.... well happy!

P.S. I went to watch "War Of The Worlds" the other day.... special effects are untouchable and Tom Cruise is pretty good in it as well..... the rest of the film is shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home