Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Back on track

It's been a weird couple of weeks. I have my laptop back which was fixed under warranty! Luckily, although Dabs.com had it down as expired, the friendly guys at Fujitsu-Siemens had it just inside warranty! I have to say, was very pleased with their service aswell. Only thing now is, I've lost everything... all the new photos I wanted to upload and just stuff that you know you will never use when you have it, but when it's gone you wish you had it back. Oh well, it's all replaceable somehow, so never mind. My laptop doesn't feel the same however, it feels as if it has been violated in some way. It did get me thinking, people who have their own computers or laptops, it has to be one of the most personal things to people nowadays right? More so than a mobile phone or even a wallet. People don't keep diaries on paper anymore, they use laptops to remind them of appointments and things. People don't have film camera's now, they have digital, so all them family photo's and videos are on the computer. So it's not a big surprise that when you lose everything, it's just not the same after it's been fixed. You know what, the things I lost, they're not replaceable, I was silly for saying that, it's just that I'll get over it.

So what's been happening I hear you ask? Well, to be honest, not much. I always say that don't I? Anyway, most people are back from Ashura now so things are basically getting back to normal. Oooh, I do have a surprise for you... I am going away next week, but to where I'm not going to say. But hopefully, whilst I am there I'll take some pictures and put them up. I can't wait. A part of me is thinking I must be mad to be leaving when I have so much work on, but another part of me really needs this break, and more importantly, I'm on top of it, so a couple days away is not going to hurt. If anything it will probably do me some good.

I've also seen a couple of movies recently, so updated the movies review on the right of the page... so check it out, and some new songs on my MP3 player... the Prodigy one I heard on a little night trip to Sheffield last Friday with my sister. Nothing beats the flow of a tune when the beats and the rhymes go so well together as they do in this song. It is a bit hardcore, but it just gets you pumped! On the subject of songs, I have also heard a few of the new songs of 50 Cents new album titled "The Massacre". First impression is that its a very good album, with a good mix of songs, but for me at the moment, the man on top of his game is The Game. I would upload a sample on the net, but it would take too long! I know most people know where to find them anyway... your local HMV of course ;)

Well, just to let you know that my laptop is back, violoted but on the way to recovery! I'm sure one of these days I will write a post that actually has some struture to it!

Off to Uni...

1 Comments:

Blogger abcdefg said...

Mate! you know what i did as soon as i knew your laptop's HD went bang? Buy an external HD for backup pupouses!. Connects via USB 2.0 and has got 250gb for just over 100 quid. we have got the same laptop and i don't want the same happening to me as well. Might be worth investing on one mate.

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home