Sunday, January 23, 2005

What happened this week...

After a pretty crazy weekend last week, I was pretty much dreading this week just gone. I had coursework to hand in on Wednesday and on top of that, I hadn't touched my project work nor any other modules work for over a week. So I was feeling I had lost control.... and then Monday came! I got a phonecall from Retail Logic asking me to come down for an interview! I was relieved to say the least. I know getting this interview out the way early was a good thing as I'd know where I'd stand before exams etc started. So the rest of the week went pretty well, as I was looking forward to Friday, and I had finished the coursework that was due on Wednesday by Tuesday, albeit with the occasional late finishes in the labs with some good people having the usual jokes (and the asshole security guard who I complained about). Every night this week also consisted of going down the local with the boys in the evening! Have to cut down on that, spending too much money and I should be working instead!

Eid also came and went without too much of a fuss, although the early morning was a killer. I managed to stay awake for the rest of the day and not go back to sleep. I knew if that happened I could just kiss the rest of my day goodbye. And then Friday...

I had already e-mailed some of my friends from Fleet to meet me before my interview in the pub across the road at lunchtime. So I left Leicester just gone 10am, had a relaxed drive down with little traffic and got in to Fleet just gone midday. Grabbed a sandwich and met the boys in The Links! It was good to be back. I don't know if i was expecting much to have changed, but it hadn't. Which was nice. It was like I had never left! So, my interview was coming up and although I wasn't nervous, I was worried that I wasn't nervous. I usually am before an interview, but I knew this wouldn't be like any other interview. I had worked there for a full year before, and all that had changed between then and now was that I was half way through my final year. So, I knew questions regarding Uni would come up... but what else??? The two guys that were interviewing me were both in managerial roles, so technical questions were probably not going to be asked. Both of them are nice guys, and both very interesting to listen to. Which was good, because through most of the interview they were talking! It was good. After about 20 minutes of telling me what the company has been doing, where they are aiming, they asked me about my summer, why I've re-applied to work there, how Uni is going, a couple of questions on my final year project, and then where I'd like to see myself in 5 years time. After that, we talked about travelling, Fleet and other bits and bobs. Lasted for about 50 minutes in total. I met up with some friends for a quick chat before I left Fleet again. Walking away from the interview, I know it didn't go bad. BUT, with only 6 positions, and 3 of them already taken, and graduate interviews still to go ahead in March (another so many hundred applicants), I know competition is tough. Guess we'll see what happens.

So, to round it all off, I went to see my friends house in Langley (Slough) on the way back from Fleet which is looking amazing after alot of hard work and time has gone in to. But well done mate, it was worth it. Looks amazing. Just the final finishings left before the baby comes! Talking off babies, another one of my friends told me his wife is pregnant on Saturday morning.... with them two and another female friend expecting late this year, looks like this is going to be the year for having kids! And to think they are all younger than me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home