Saturday, October 08, 2005

2 Interviews and a birthday!

I thought I would write a quick something just to recap what's happening. It was my birthday yesterday on the 7th and first of all I would like to thank all the people who text, emailed, called or sent me a card. You know who you are, I appreciate it more than you know. I spent the majority of my birthday in an interview in Gosling, which is why I a) haven't gotten back to some of you yet, or b) got back to you after such a delay. It was an assessment day, so tests for this and tests for that. It went surprisingly well and I should hear something back from it early next week. It was on the coast, very nice place to work but not to live. Too many retired people. Not enough of an atmosphere, but then again, I am getting old now ;) The drive down was aweomse, I had to leave at 6.30am and the sun was coming up as my TomTom Navigator took me the scenic route across some amazing country lanes. Have to do that drive again sometime. I had another interview on Wednesday in central London. This one didn't go so well and I've already heard back from the agency telling me I was unsuccessful. I don't think I would have accepted it had I got it as the working environment is not what I like. It was very unsocial and what I like to call a "geek palace". So that's that. I have a few other things in the pipeline with a couple other IT agency's calling me regarding some interesting opportunity's. I will decide what I want to do (carry on searching for a job, take another job regardless of Monday's outcome) next week when I find out what's happening at work.

So I'm 26.... feeling it. I just realised that I'm only 4 years away from 30 now!!! That's a scary thought. Not because I'm not married or don't have a house or any kids, but in the sense that... damn I'm almost 30! I've crossed that mid-20's barrier... I'm not longer on the right side of "young". I'm taking the old "you're only as old as you feel" path... I think it works... if you don't actually feel old, 'cos then you're just shafted.

Right, I said this was going to be short. Regarding Monday, I'll post as soon as I possibly can after I know. It may not be on Monday but hopefully it won't be long after. Right, I'm off to watch the England match.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gud luck, i no u'll be fine!
and yeh, u not old yet, coz i aint seen no grey hairs;) and check u out with ur tomtom navigator! that scenic route sounds like sumtin i shud check out too!!but seriouly everythings gonna work out so hang in there!

4:17 pm  
Blogger Mustafa said...

Ermm, don't know who you are but thanks for the message. And like Jam says in the previous posts, "no grey hairs??" I'm not too sure you've seen with without a cap or gel in my hair! Anyway, thanks again for the comments and for reading my site!

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home