Sunday, August 07, 2005

First week in Fleet!

Last Saturday I moved down to Fleet to Elvelthem Heath. And on Monday I started work! I knew the first week was going be fairly straight forward with training and just general settling in. So there isn't much to write about to be honest. I will say one thing though, it feels damn good to finally get down here and back to work. Since my Industrial Placement year at Retail Logic finished and I went back to Leicester to finish Uni, in the back of my mind I've always been waiting to leave again. Staying in Leicester for me wasn't even an option for me. So whether it was Fleet or somewhere else, I wasn't staying in Leicester. Yeah, so its good to be back in Fleet, and it's good to be back at work! I wish I could write about work and exactly what I do (other than writing software), but a) it's probably boring for the majority of you and b) I don't want to get sued. So I won't. I will say this...I love it. Not because I'm brilliant at my job (far from it probably) but because I enjoy doing it. And doing what I do, in this particular company makes it all that better because it's simply a nice place to work. I've had ALOT of jobs in my past, and lets be honest, there isn't alot of places you can say that are nice to work. You put up with them because you simply need the money. And all the crap you have to put up with from your bosses, colleagues and customers, you can't leave, because it's only a few hours a week and you deal with it. Well, to everyone out there in that situation, when you land the job you want, be it after Uni, or after working your way up the ladder, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. And believe me, it will happen.

So, except for the usual antics of working in an office, there is really not much else happening. I have been meaning to put some new photo's up but at the moment, Freespaces (where I host my pics) is currently down so I dont know what's going on there! My car is currently being repaired and in the meantime I've been given a 2005 Renualt Clio. It looks nice, it drives like turd on wheels. I want my Audi back. BUT, hopefully I'll have this Clio for one more week, as I'm planning to go back to Leicester this weekend and I will basically use about half as much in fuel. I still have to wait about another 2 weeks till pay day and I wasn't exactly budgeting myself over the summer! I've not been out in Fleet.. yet. Mainly because most evenings I've been shattered. Getting back in to my 9-5 routine is going take a while and my evenings usually consist of coming home, cooking something, having a shower, watch a little bit of TV, maybe go online or do some reading and then get ready for bed. The problem being, I can't sleep because I'm not used to going bed much before 2am. Evening's are pretty cool here though, when there isn't anything to do you feel kind of relieved. I mean, even a drink after work can turn in to a meal, and then before you know it's 11pm and you're on your way home thinking damn "I had laundry to do"!

On Friday night I met up with my cousin and a friend in Southall. Despite not having been there in ages, it hasn't changed one little bit. It can't have been more than 3 minutes of entering the main part where all the restuarants are when we spotted a dodgy looking Corsa with a wide arch body kit, some skirts on it that made it look like it wouldn't clear a pebble and the smallest damn alloys. This thing was rolling on 13's I swear. The best part was when my cousin pointed out it had the Indian Flag painted on the side. I missed it because I was looking at the 4 lads inside listening to some crap thinking because they've spent £5K on a car it makes it good. I'm not one to get at you
for doing something you want to do. But please do it with common sense. I mean, it looks crap, it drives like crap and it's still got ure poxy little 1.3 16v engine it. Spending a shed load of money on a body kit, speakers and graphics when they don't match or even improve it any way doesn't mean its Max Power. It just means you're a tosser. So, despite not having much to write about, I've written quite a bit. So what's next for me? Well, obviously I need to get in to my work and settle in properly. I then need to start looking for a house. That is going to be a pain in the arse! Right now, I'm off to Morrisons to get some food and then later to play some Badminton! Oh and I dont know how many of you reading this are cricket fans, I wasn't until I realised television is shit and nothing decent is on and I found myself glued to the cricket. With England bringing the series to a 1-1 draw beating Australia by 2 runs!!! It was exciting... read it
here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home