Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Last 2 weeks!

If I was to describe the last 2 weeks to you all in words, you'd probably be reading this article for the next few hours. That much has happened! But what I will do is tell you that I wanted my last summer (before I go in to the real world) to be one to remember. And it was. Last week it was my cousins wedding. Now traditional weddings don't last 1 or 2 days, with functions and invites to dinner for just about every day last week (Thursday being the actual day of the wedding) it's basically a 5-6 day thing. Which means, lots of food, lots of jokes, and even more "kodak moments". It was cool as a lot of family were here that I don't get to see very often or spend time with and it was nice to help out and be part of everything. My cousins friends from Canada also came down for the wedding. What an awesome bunch. Again, I wish I could go through all the funny stories and everything that happened but I can't. We were all staying in one house (at one point I think there was 13 people in one house) which was right near the University. We had crazy jokes and I can honestly say, without them here the wedding wouldn't have been the same. I know for my cousin it definately wouldn't have been the same, and I know how much he appreciated them flying all the way for it. In the space of one week, it felt like we'd been chilling together for the past few weeks. Anyways, Jarrod, Justin, Jit, Jazz, Amit, Jess, and Emily... Hope we meet again soon.

So, that was the wedding, which finished on Saturday. I spent Sunday and Monday packing some stuff and from Tuesday - Thurs I was on a short break away again in Europe. I didn't want to come back. But I knew that I had to, I still had to sort out all my stuff to take down to Fleet with me! But it was a well deserved break for me, and I'm glad I went even though I wasn't initially going to go. We arrived back in England on Thursday night, tired, and blurry eyed. I woke up Friday not wanting to do nothing, but its the only day I had to get all my packing done. Half my stuff was at my student residence, the other half at my parents. It was crazy. But surprisingly didn't take me too long to sort out.

And now... well the day has arrived. I'm moving down to Fleet today, I start work on Monday! Looking back over the last 10 months, I can still remember all the dreams I had of finishing Uni and having a job. All the times I couldn't sleep because I was so nervous about my final year project. And then yesterday, it finally hit me that I'm leaving.... or I'm going back. You see, when I was in Fleet for my placement for a year, coming back to Leicester was a bitch. But it had to be done cos of Uni. Now I'm leaving again, going back to the same place, with the same people, it's not like I'm leaving Leicester, its like I'm going back to Fleet, if that makes any sense! Either way I'm a happy happy man.

So, you must be thinking, with all these good things going on around me, something bad must have happened!!! I mean, you can't go 2 weeks and just have jokes with nothing messing up. Well, someone reversed in to my car.... smashed the indicator, bumper and side panel need work! But it wasn't my fault so her insurance will be paying for that. I however did have to fork out a sweet £200 for a new power steering rack as the old one was mashed (not because of the accident). Luckily, my dad sorted it out whilst I was away.... if I'd have gone to Audi to do it.... I was looking at a £800 bill!

What's next? Well, some good times in Fleet hopefully. My next post will be after I've started work and stuff, if I'm still as content as I am today, I got no worries what so ever :) I have to find a house, I can't rent for too long. So hopefully, by Christmas something will be well on the way in that department. And yes, marriage is somewhere on that list. But as always, for me, its the least of my worries, I still got time :) I hope. It's looking peachy.... no!?! :)

I've got pictures by the Gig load all on digital camera, the thing is, I want to get everyone's photos and then sort them out before I upload any. So, pictures for this fortnight will be coming, and there will be quite a few. Just be patient!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home