Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bank Holiday Weekend

Well, if you're reading this I guess you've probably read the other post that I uploaded today? Well if you haven't you can find it above this one! I thought I would split what I am going to write here and what I wrote there, otherwise it was just a bit too much for one post...

So, Bank Holiday Weekend. Before you get excited and think that I have a lot of stories or anything like that, you're wrong. It's all about the driving that me and a friend did. The weather was awesome, hitting about 27 degrees, we drove from one area to another, chilling out, eating, and enjoying the sunshine. First stop was Windsor. A beautiful little place, with Windsor Castle, some awesome little shops and hundreds of visitors just chilling out in the surrounding parks and areas. From there we went on to Kingston. Again, just loads of people chilling out along the river bank enjoying the sunshine. We visited a funky little milkshake place... but not just a normal milkshake place. Here, you can order a milkshake of just about any flavour. You can make a milkshake out of peanut butter and carrot cake (if you wanted to, although I wouldn't recommend that combo) or just a "normal" shake made from fruit+nut choc topped up with a flake! If you are EVER in Kingston-upon-Thames, then you HAVE to visit ShakeAway Milkshakes.

From here, I can't really remember where we visited, but we passed Hampton Court which is another one of The Queens "houses", and we definately stopped at Richmond Park. And what a place that is. IF any of you have kids or want to organise a picnic or anything like that and live near the M3, then this place is awesome. It's HUGE. "Largest open space in London"... as it says on its website... and trust me, they don't mean by a little bit. At one point, it felt like I was on safari with the views in front of me. Well worth visiting.

After all of that, it was a nice drive back to Fleet ready for a week of work... if only I knew how that was going to turn out! So, I am back in Leicester for this weekend, update my C.V and see what is out there. Meeting a friend from Uni tonight and then tommorow I'm playing in a football tournament. For the first time, I think I'm playing not to win. My cousin has pulled together a makeshift team for the hell of it (which includes his dad and uncle!), I'm quite looking forward to it, it's gonna be funny!

On to part 2... scroll up! Or if you're lazy click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home